Scones flavoured with fresh, rich and crumbly Sharpham Rustic Chives & Garlic are deeply savoury and delicious, especially straight from the oven served with butter and a rich chutney, and a steaming bowl of soup.
- 340 g self raising flour
- 55 g butter
- 225 g Sharpham Rustic with Chives & Garlic
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml natural yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Sieve the flour and then rub in the butter with your fingers. Once butter is rubbed in, grate the cheese and stir into the flour and butter.
- Next whisk together the yoghurt, eggs and mustard in a separate bowl.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and pour in the egg mixture. Blend with a knife until you have a doughy consistency.
- Put the dough mixture into equal round, rough ball shapes on your baking tray, and bake in the top of the oven for 20 minutes at 200 degrees centigrade.
- The scones can be served warm or cold; and they are delicious spread with butter and served with chutney.