A beautiful small dish or starter full of the taste of the sea. A perfect scallop paired with our new Rustic laced with seaweed hand-harvested from Devon's beaches. We think it's a natural match and our thanks go to Chef Tom for creating this stunning dish. Created by Tom Williams-Hawkes, Chef Director at The Salutation Inn, Topsham
- Hot milk
- Sharpham Rustic with Dulse and Sea Lettuce
- Pancetta lardons
- Half shell hand dived scallop
- Prepare your scallop. (If you are unsure how to do this there are plenty of videos on You Tube to guide you!)
- Make a roux by adding butter and flour to a saucepan. Bit by bit whisk in hot milk until a velvety white sauce is reached, then remove from heat.
- Crumble in Sharpham Rustic with Dulse and Sea Lettuce and cooked pancetta lardons into the white sauce. Adjust seasoning if necessary and allow to cool.
- Spoon the mixture over the scallop, then crumble over a little more cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated over at 180 degrees for 5 minutes. Serve with a simple salad and some crusty bread.