In 2020 chef James Martin visited Devon for his Islands to Highlands ITV series. He invented a fantastic recipe using our Sharpham Savour, pancetta and onion which appears in his accompanying book. This Morning host, Holly Willoughby, declared it her favourite when James cooked the simple bake live. This is our take on his quick, easy and recipe, with a little added Devon goodness. A perfect winter supper-time treat.
- 4 fresh vine leaves
- 200 g Sharpham Savour
- 4 large pickled onions
- 25 ml white wine
- 100 ml double cream
- 6 rashers of smoked pancetta
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees / fan 180 degrees / gas mark 6
- Use the vine leaves to line a deep ovenproof dish.
- Scatter the Savour cheese over the base in chunks, followed by the sliced pickled onions.
- Pour over the wine and cream and top with the pancetta.
- Bake in the top of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Served with some hunks of bread from a nice loaf. We can recommend the sourdough from the Almond Thief Bakery in Dartington!