Goat's Cheese Fondant with honey marinated beetroot & pomegranate has been kindly created for us by Elly Wentworth, Head Chef at The Angel Dartmouth, the celebrated, relaxed fine dining restaurant on the Dart. Former Masterchef The Professionals Finalist, Elly creates accomplished dishes that deliver bold flavours and showcase the best produce from within a 30 mile radius.
For the Fondant
- 300 g Sharpham Ticklemore Goat's Cheese
- 17 g Cornflour
- 40 g Plain flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 130 ml Double cream
For the Marinated Beetroot
- 150 ml Apple juice
- 75 ml White port
- 60 ml White wine vinegar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 Red beetroot / Golden / Candy - your choice
- 12 g Sugar
- 25 ml Olive oil
- Micro watercress
- 1 Pomegranate
- Red vein sorrel and celery cress
- Place beetroots into a pan and cover with water and cook. Once you can pierce a knife through the beetroots take off and leave them to cool. Peel the skin off beetroots.
- Using a mandolin or sharp knife, slice the beetroot to the thickness you like. Cut them out with a circular ring cutter. Put into a container for later.
- Add the apple juice, port and vinegar into a pan. Reduce by half. Blend in the olive oil, sugar and salt and pour over the cut beetroot.
- Blend the goat's cheese and flours together until a crumb.
- Add egg and egg yolk.
- Then add the cream. Don’t over work once the cream is added as it will split. Place straight into a piping bag. Weigh at 35g.
- You can use a souffle mould, or a circle cutter. Line the moulds with baking paper if needed. Cook for 5 mins at 180c
- Blowtorch once removed from the oven for that extra colour. As seen in photo.
- To plate, place six beetroot pickles on the plate. Dress the leaves with the dressing from the beetroots. Add pomegranate seeds and the Goat's Cheese Fondant once cooked. You can always add more for a main course size.