Try this incredibly indulgent seafood pizza. Handmade with a creme fraiche base topped with smoked salmon, finished off with Sharpham Dulse & Sea Lettuce. This unique artisan cheese from Sharpham gives you all you need for an artisan pizza! The cheesy melted goodness with a lovely umami twist.
Sourdough Pizza Base
- 500g g Plain flour
- 14 g Dried yeast
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 20 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 50 ml Ricotta
- Sprinkle Lemon zest
- 5 g Capers
- 10 g Olives
- 50 g Seared courgettes
- 100 g Smoked salmon
Make the Pizza Base
- Put half of the warm water into one jug, with the salt, and the other half of the warm water with the yeast. Stir until both have totally dissolved.
- Put the flour, sugar, and oil into a large bowl. Add the yeast water into the flour, kneading the ingredients together. Once all is combined, then add the salt water and continue kneading.
- On a dry surface, flour a board and transfer the mixed dough to this. Knead until the dough is soft and smooth.
- Put back into the bowl, lightly oiled, cover with a damp tea towel, and leave in a warm place to rest for 2 to 4 hours until the dough doubles in size.
- Once doubled take the dough out and cut in half. Place on a floured surface and using a rolling pin shape into 2 circles ( roughly around 30 to 35cm. They leave to rest for a further 30 mins.
Add the Toppings
- Once the dough has rested, put the tomato puree on the base, then put the Sharpham Rustic with Dulse and Sea Lettuce slices, ricotta, olives, courgettes and optional capers evenly spread over the base.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 220C/425F/Gas Mark 7 for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once cooked add the smoked salmon.
- Sprinkle with dill and lemon zest and serve.